The following is a set of practices and rules mandatory for anyone who means to attend and become a part of the Bahidorá community. We are aware of how our behavior affects others; consequently, our actions must always be respectful to our own integrity, to the experience itself, and to the law:
- Since the event is 18+, all attendees must have their official IDs with them to enter.
- Access with food and drink is not allowed.
- Access with animals is not allowed.
- Access with the objects or substances specified in the list of Prohibited Objects and Substances at Bahidorá is not allowed. All attendees will be subjected to a thorough revision by the Security staff.
- Only those with a Camping pass will be permitted access with camping tents and large pieces of baggage.
- The Carnaval’s staff has the right to check the insides of any suspicious-looking baggage.
- Access to the Camping zone will be limited to those with the pertinent pass. The Carnaval’s organization is entitled to remove or prohibit entrance to the venue to anyone under the influence of any substance or under any sort of alteration that would harm the event’s order, security and attendees.
- Attendees must always follow the indications provided by the qualified Security, Life-saving and Production staff since they are there to aid in securing a safe and enjoyable event.
- Any valuable possession brought to the event will be its owner’s responsibility. The Carnaval’s staff will not be held accountable for the loss or disappearance of any missing object.
- Everyone is expected to keep the park clean and to throw their waste into the communal bins. We recommend bringing small garbage bags or portable containers in which attendees can keep their trash before throwing it into the bins.
- All attendees are responsible for collecting the trash that is outside the bins, even if they did not generate it.
- Altering or damaging the permanent installations at Las Estacas, as well as the art and production installations, is strictly forbidden. Whoever is seen damaging said property will be removed from the event, and the respective legal process will be executed.
- All attendees declare knowing and assuming responsibility for the risks related to use of the venue’s installations. Consequently, installation users must bear the medical expenses they would be subjected to for the nonobservance of the rules herein.
- Attendees harmed by the inadequate use of the venue’s installations during the event will be personally responsible for all the damages caused, as well as for the respective consequences of their actions.
- The use of the venue’s aquatic installations is restricted to experimented swimmers and will be subjected to the responsibility of its users, who will commit to the pertinent guidelines and to following the instructions given by the Security and Life-saving staff.
- Swimming under the influence of alcohol or other substances is forbidden. Whoever is seen perpetrating this behavior will be removed from the event.
- At night time (from 7:00 pm to 8:00 am), entering the river is forbidden.
- Entering the river with food and drink is not allowed. Attendees are advised to wait at least 1 hour after eating before entering the water for safety reasons.
- We urge you to treat everyone at the Carnaval with respect. Please remember with special consideration that all women have the right to enjoy Bahidorá in a safe and fun environment without fearing physical or verbal harassment, free of sexist comments, actions and behaviors.
- Carnaval de Bahidorá has a ZERO-tolerance policy in regards to sexual harassment and sexist behaviors. This applies to all staff, contracted companies, employees, artists, attendees, and anyone associated with the Carnaval.
- Our Carnaval and its surroundings must be a safe and respectful venue for everyone. Therefore, all forms of discrimination, abuse or aggression related to gender, sexual orientation, race or other motives are forbidden.
- Since there is no justification whatsoever for sexual harassment, abuse or sexist behavior, we will immediately use all legal means at our disposal against any attendee perpetrating one of these behaviors. This includes physical and verbal harassment, intimidation, threats or sexist behavior in all forms.
- Think twice and reflect upon your actions. Losing inhibition is NEVER an excuse for abuse, harassment or discomfort-inciting to other attendees. If a friend of yours crosses the line, let them know, out loud, and STOP THEM.
- Always remember that consent given under the influence of alcohol or any other substance is NEVER valid. Remember that silence is NOT a form of consent.
- Carnivals are tolerant and fun environment. Everyone—regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, etcetera—has the right to enjoy them without fearing abuse or aggression of any kind.
- Anyone who goes through, suffers or witnesses any form of sexual harassment, sexism or discrimination must report it immediately to the closest Security staff or at the Carnaval’s Information Points so that the proper measures can be taken. SPEAK UP!
Costumes and masks
Medication with its respective prescription
Sunscreen and repellent
Shampoo and soap
Makeup in glass-free containers
Crutches and wheelchairs
Drugs and illegal substances
Glass containers (including perfumes)
Chains, knives, razors and weapons
- The observance of local, state and federal laws and regulations is mandatory for the event’s attendees. Any infringement of the law and to the internal regulations will be reported to the corresponding authorities, and offenders will be subjected to the proper legal process.
- Trading, exchanging and/or trafficking illegal substances during the event, both at the venue and in its vicinities, is strictly forbidden. All offenders will be removed from the event and subjected to the corresponding authorities.
- Violence, in any form, is strictly forbidden. All offenders will be removed from the event and subjected to the proper legal process.
1. Attendees authorize the unpaid use of their image and/or voice in photos taken and recordings made at the Carnaval for promotional and dissemination purposes, in any medium and format, of the Carnaval or its sponsors.